Today's assembly is worth to hear although many kids skip it. The first speaker is an old man. He talked about the influnce of media and the concept of masculine and feminine. In America, masculine is always related to sports, sexual requirment, and economic prosperity; Feminine means beauty, good body shape, and so on. He said they are all false. I was not surprised to hear that. What struke me and moved me is his saying that he has seen many young people who thought they would live a long life dying on beds (one of his job). Their last thoughts are about relationship-what kind of a friend they have been, what kind of a child or parent they have been. . . The only true definition for either masculine and feminine is the ability to love and be loved.
I think I wouldn't regret or feel so unmeaningful if I die tomorrow.
The second speaker, a middle-age-woman talked about whether girls are mean. It's so interesting that I am like the victim in her talking-ignored and secluded by "friends". She said it would hurt when they didn't receive answer back after they give the greetings. Yes, it does. It hurt at first. But now, I don't care any more. Maybe it's really jelousy that cause some of their behavior. Whatever, I see light in college!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment