Monday, December 11, 2006


Can you imagine a blind person can not only manage her own life but also enjoy it even much better than you and me? I happen to meet her. One night, I was asked to practice driving by some friend of mom. So, we drove to her house. We got on the porch and I saw many windchimes hanging around the roof, singing. After Uncle Hua rang the ring, the door opened. It was a woman, in her 50s I think, come to welcome us. She is Keven. To my big suprise, she speak perfect Chinese as if she has lived in China for many years. But she closed her eyes all the time. We came in. To my second big surprise, her house was filled with antics, Chinese paintings, masks, poteries, mini-instruments, ornaments, and many, many other things. I looked eagerly and praised, exclaimed all the time. Through the talking, of course in Chinese, I knew that she loves China and had gone to China 16 times. She bought many of the things on the walll, board. many of them were gifts from firends. She showed me her room and the sitting room which are also full of things. She served us hot tea and turkey-shape cookies she made herself. I wanted to ask more and know all about her, but didn't know where to start. After, Uncle Hua told me she graduated from Harvord and she can sing really well, she has lots of friends and is busy everyday.

I wondered how a blind person can appreciate art when she can't even see them, while many of us lives in a busy and never bother to look at sun-set? Shame to us !

No comments: