Monday, December 18, 2006

Carol


Her real name is Cara but I thought it's Carol at first.


It's the first school day since I came to America that I met carol. We played volleyball with two other girls in gym. Actually her first impression to me is pretty vague 'cause every girl seemed similar to me and she didn't talk much. I was surprised to see a tall girl walking toward my seat when I was in the homeroom the second day. She introduced herself and said I can eat with her at lunch. Lunch period may be the scariest part in the whole day. You should find a seat among so many Americas sitting in the long big lunch table. They were always talking and laughing and talking and laughing. They had their own group. Almost everyone. Only some loners, outsiders sat alone, reading a book or doing homework. Still seeing the ordeal of lunch on my first day, I was like have found a cove when heard those words.


In the next five days, I sat with her. Everyday trying to say something. As my schedule changed, I had my lunch in 6th period instead of 4. So, I part from her, too. I left her a note that informed her and expressed my gratefullness to her. After, I met her a few times in the hall way. We just said "hello'', smilling. Once We exchanged phone numbers but never call each other since. From the beginning of the second year, I didn't see her for a while. I thought she's gone to college. But then, I found there's a girl who looks just like her. We passed each other quite often but never say a word or give a smile. Is that her? Carol?


Anyhow, my thankfullness, appreciation to her will never change.

No comments: